Interesting.  Well I assumed that by depending on it, it would pull in all
the right dependencies.  You see, when you just link to groupId=
org.apache.wicket artifactId=wicket you don't get any dependencies and
ultimately your webapp fails.

In my mind the power of maven is to provide that "yum-like" nature of
resolving a dependency and all of it's dependencies, and so on.

Craig.