> If you don't want to tread on the lower-level servlet API, maybe you
> could do something with WebApplication.sessionDestroyed or
> ISessionStore.unbind. Although I'm not exactly sure when they are called
> (just browsing javadoc, that's all).

Yep. You can override onBind (if you extend either HttpSessionStore or
SecondLevelCacheSessionStore, which is recommended) and onUnbind to
register/ deregister sessions. Do note however that this doesn't work
in a cluster unless you do some extra work (though I think that with
e.g. Terracotta it should be easy to cluster the list you keep with
the sessions).

Eelco