I have a FormComponentPanel, I want it to get and set a property from
the Form it belongs to who's model is a CompoundPropertyModel.

When the FormComponentPanel is loaded, how can I get the backing model's
object whether someone passes in a Model or it should get it from the
parent?

If my FormComponentPanel only has a (String id, IModel model)
constructor this is easy. But I want it to also support
CompoundPropertyModels from the parent.  (String id)

I have to initialize a couple of DropDown's with data from the model.

Any thoughts?

Thanks