Andrew Klochkov wrote:

> Wow, Kent, thanks a lot for the code!!
>
> I wonder shouldn't something like this be in the framework core?

I simply adapted the code from the CompressedPackageResource.

As reusable components should have their resources bundled with
them in the classpath, CompressedPackageResource should be enough
for most people. If they really need to compress context resources,
one may use the container to do that (eg, for Tomcat, see
http://bravedave.wordpress.com/2007/03/22/data-compression-in-tomcat).