Probably fairly soon - we've been looking at the changes and
discussing it on the dev list, to try & get an idea if it'll cause a
significant delay with regards to the aim of getting a 1.3 release out
ASAP.  Currently, however, I think the view is that it'll be likely to
be in and we'll do a beta4, then see how it looks.

I think I saw some comment about some rebuilding work of Ate's house -
I don't know any more than that, but if he's quiet for a bit, that
might explain it!

In the meantime, you could get the baseline code from SVN
(http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/wicket/tags/wicket-1.3.0-beta3),
apply the patch from the jira issue
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12366048/wicket-1.3.0-beta3-portlet-support.patch
and build your own copy if you want to have a look prior to that.
(Build with tests disabled "mvn -Dmaven.test.skip=true install" as the
patch missed changing a particular test expectation)

/Gwyn

/Gwyn