I have been attempting to get HTTPS/SSL working in my app too.
Unfortunately, I have hit a wall...mostly b/c I am learning the
API/Framework.

In any case, the Example in the WIKI is outdated (v 1.2???)  It won't work
with 1.3 as is (no IResponseStrategy any more).  However, I do believe I
have figured out how to get SSL working with a little tweaking of this
example.

I haven't tested but I think the solution is to override public final
CharSequence encode(final RequestCycle requestCycle,    final IRequestTarget
requestTarget)....BUT...it is final so we can't reuse the class directly but
have to make a copy.

All the other encode methods get the proper wicket URL but doesn't prepend
the webapp URI which this final encode method does.  Beyond filing a RFE to
either make this method non-final or provide a postEncode(RequestCycle,
IRequestTarget) method before URL encoding, we will have to copy the entire
class and provide this behavior.

Thoughts?