On 10/1/07, Kent Tong <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Dan Syrstad-2 wrote:
> >
> > This has broken a JUnit test that was testing a detachable model using
> > WicketTester. The same test passes in Wicket 1.2.6. Is there something
> > different I should be doing in 1.3?
> >

> If it was calling detach() instead of detachModels(), then it should
> continue
> to pass.

Nope. I tried detach() too and that doesn't work - the test still fails. I
had to write my own method which was basically was a copy of the old
Page.detachModels() code.

I think the change was made so that a component (not a page) can detach
> its children and their models without relying on the page. This is needed
> when handling an AJAX request.

The thing is that  In beta3, Page now just acts like a Component as far as
detachModels() is concerned and Component.detachModels()/detach() does
notdetach all of the child models.
Component.detach(), in fact, calls detachChildren() which is an empty
method.