Ok, thanks. This is what I did.

public class RequestCycleImpl extends WebRequestCycle {

   private Session hibernateSession;

public RequestCycleImpl(Application application, Request request, Response response) {
       super(application, (WebRequest) request, response);
   }

   @Override
   protected void onBeginRequest() {
this.hibernateSession = HibernateUtil.getSessionFactory().openSession();
   }

   @Override
   protected void onEndRequest() {
       if (this.hibernateSession != null) {