Gwyn Evans wrote:
> I'm doing this with Ajax,
> but the problem is that it typically appears off the bottom of the
> existing page - is there a good way of triggering the browser to do
> something like scroll down, ideally to the bottom of the new form?

findpos(elem) has worked well for me on ajax-added elements:
http://www.quirksmode.org/js/findpos.html

Also this is good for the scrolling part:
http://www.quirksmode.org/viewport/compatibility.html

And then if you wanted to animate the scrolling, and also wonder why this seemingly common need is not addressed by popular effects libraries, there's:
http://technically.us/code/x/dragging-and-dropping-effects

Nathan