Hi,

just wanted to let you know that I had a quite successful presentation yesterday
evening at the Java User Group Hamburg, Germany.

25 interested Java Developers attended at the presentation and we had a detailed
discussion afterwards on what Wicket can do and especially can do better than
other frameworks - which continued when we went for a drink later the evening.
;-)

What I learned from the presentation was that the basic example within the
presentation was good as an entry. But the attendants didn't get the global
vision. I presented a small dummy-app afterwards with acegi-login,
guice-injection and a datatable feeded by ibatis - that was the point where most
of the people got the 'Ahaaaaaa' and where the interesting discussions began.

You'll find yesterday's slides in the wiki:

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WICKET/Slides+and+presentations

Best regards, --- Jan.