It is your code, so we can't legally license it ;-)

If you don't mind people taking your code without contributing back
the following licenses are rather equivalent:
 - BSD (http://www.opensource.org/licenses/bsd-license.php)
 - MIT (http://www.opensource.org/licenses/mit-license.php)

If you do mind people taking your code without contributing back, the
(L)GPL is what you are looking for. But that will hinder adoption with
for instance Wicket.

If you want maximum compatibility with Wicket, then you should choose
the Apache license. The easiest way to contribute it would be to
attach it to a JIRA issue, and check the 'may be used in the project'
checkmark.

I see you already have possible sponsors in Eelco and Gerolf, so
inclusion in wicket-extensions wouldn't be too far off.

This all assumes of course that you are the owner of the copyright of
your contribution and didn't use another javascript library as a base.
Please note that I'm not implying anything wrong, but it is easy to
mess things up, and messy to clean up after the fact.

Martijn

On 10/18/07, William Hoover <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I see... Not sure how the licensing works, but whatever is the suggested
> license is fine with me. I'm not much of a business guru and wouldn't mind
> leaving it up to you Wicket folks ;o) I just need to know what the next step
> is so that others can make use of it :o)

Apache Wicket 1.3.0-beta4 is released
Get it now: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/1.3.0-beta4/