> How would i go about fetching a page (so as to access an attirbute within it
> e.g. LoginPage with userId in it)

You don't. Keep pages and components for representing your user
interface, and work with regular objects to carry your 'business
state'.

> which wicket by default stores in pageMap
> (which in turn is stored in Session). I mean i think it wouldn't be a good
> idea to store something in a session (even if its frequenly accessed/used)
> given that is already being kept in session...like attributes on every-page.

You typically don't store anything in the session directly, unless it
is something you'll readily want to have available throughout (like a
User object that represents the currently logged in user).

Take a look at for instance wicket-phonebook
(http://wicket-stuff.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/wicket-stuff/trunk/wicket-phonebook)
for a more 'real life' example of what an application with Wicket can
look like. And/ or buy this book: http://www.manning.com/dashorst/ :-)

Eelco