Hi folks,

I am quite new to wicket but I already figured out that it deserved its name
;) Currently, I am playing around with IDataProvider in conjunction with
LoadableDetachableModels. As far as I understand, the main purpose of
LoadableDetachableModels is to tune serialization performance. At the
beginning I looked at the API doc, which suggested using anonymous inner
classes for detachable models:

public IModel model(Object object) {
    return new LoadableDetachableModel() {
        protected Object load() {
            /* snip - (re)load the object */
        }
    };
}

However, this might not be suited for serialization, as inner classes have
an implicit reference on their enclosing object - which was the
IDataProvider implementation in my case. As a consequence the IDataProvider
object  (and all its possible fileds!) would be serialized together with
every serialized LoadableDetachableModel - which would lead to an unwanted
serialization overhead.

Am I missing something here? Like some Wicket serialization voodoo that
takes care of it? If not, it would be worth mentioning in the API doc and
probably in the wiki as well (I would take care of the wiki if I get green
lights).

Regards, Stefan