Thanks for the advice, Matej. I've upgraded to Wicket 1.3 and the LinkTree
lays out much nicer.

That said, I actually was able to adjust the width by using CSS:

1. Create a CSS file in the same package as the HTML file.
2. Use a span tag in the HTML for the tree (when the HTML is generated by
Wicket, the span tag will become a div tag and get a class of
"wicket-tree").
3. In the CSS file, make a setting for the width for the "wicket-tree"
class.
4. In the Java code, add this line:
    tree.add(HeaderContributor.forCss(TreePage.class, cssFilename));

This is obviously not ideal since I had to look in the generated HTML to see
the "wicket-tree" class. Also, if you use a div tag (instead of a span tag),
the class doesn't show up.

David