I've given this approach a try and it didn't work for me.  I just did an
override on my derived LinkTree's newLink method and returned a bookmarkable
link regardless of link type:

@Override
        public MarkupContainer newLink(String id, final ILinkCallback callback)
        {
                return new BookmarkablePageLink(id, Pro_Nav.class);
        }

Changing the link type prevents the tree from working:  expanding no longer
works, probably because I've subverted the handlers that handle the tree
expand icon.

I really need simple links like this:
# tree node link text

I'm fairly new to Wicket, and I'm trying a number of approaches suggested in
the archives, but have yet to find a solution that doesn't involve rewriting
much of the LinkTree.  How do I get there from here?

Devin