Ok I have been able to setup wicket 1.2.6 to jdev and produce a helloworld of
my own.
After I tried it with 1.3 beta 4, even though I made the changes proposed to
migrate I could not run it successgully (using JDeveloper).
I will provide the web.xml, HelloWorld.java, HelloWorld.html,
HelloWorldApplication.java and index.html of my example, just in case there
is someone that can help me, or has an idea for my problem. When i run the
index page, it cannot find the page (http 404).

Web.xml
__________________________________
web-app>
  <context-param>
        <param-name>configuration</param-name>
        <param-value>development</param-value>
  </context-param>

        <filter>
                <filter-name>HelloWorldApplication</filter-name>

<filter-class>org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter</filter-class>
                <init-param>
                  <param-name>applicationClassName</param-name>
                  <param-value>mypackage.HelloWorldApplication</param-value>
                </init-param>
        </filter>

        <filter-mapping>
                <filter-name>HelloWorldApplication</filter-name>
                <url-pattern>/helloworld/*</url-pattern>
        </filter-mapping>
</web-app>
___________________________________

HelloWorld.java
_____________________________________
package mypackage;

import org.apache.wicket.markup.html.WebPage;
import org.apache.wicket.markup.html.basic.Label;

public class HelloWorld extends WebPage
{
    public HelloWorld()
    {
        add(new Label("message", "Hello World!"));
__________________________________
HelloWorld.html
_________________________________
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<head>
    <title>Wicket Examples - helloworld</title>
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="style.css"/>
</head>
    Message goes here
index.html
        <head>
                <title>Wicket examples</title>
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="style.css"/>
        </head>
        <h1>Wicket Example</h1>
                 helloworld helloworld </td><td> - Everyone's favorite
example</td></tr>