if you are using this for a directory then i would build your own
component. in the directory there is only "one way in" to something.
breadcrumb bar as it is is defiend to support multiple ways of getting
to something so there is a lot of overhead assocaited with it. in a
directory structure, given folder A you can always traceback the path
to root...

-igor