Ok that makes sense.  To me i can chalk this up as one thing in the framework
that would be a real joy to fix - that being having AjaxLink or other
related Ajax components stateless.  I think its a real down fall that
sessions are created (and hence Page store cache files) for an Ajax link.

On a really high traffic site that uses clustered session replication, there
are affects on the back end from generating all of these sessions just for a
link.  Part of my current tasks are trying to minimize session creation.