Thanks Alex

That would of course resolve the ClassCastException, but it doesn't event get to the original failure point: in fact, it fails earlier because it is not being run within a J2EE context and consequently fails as soon as an attempt is made to do a JNDI lookup on the session beans.

I guess what I really need to do mock off the getEJBService() of MainApplication to return a "mock" object that serves the data to the test pages.

Problem is, I'm not sure how to achieve that without initialising WicketTester with a mock MainApplication, which will then fail with a ClassCastException, as before.

I think it's a Catch 22, but not being too familiar with the WicketTester approach I'm hopeful someone out there could help.

Note: I want to avoid using Spring, and though I have used contrib- java-ee in earlier versions of Wicket, it doesn't seem to play nicely with Wicket 1.3 and I don't want to go backwards. I'd like a solution that can mock of the EJB layers that are looked up in - and accessed via - the MainApplication class.

Hope someone can help!

Regards,
Andy Barlow