You really want to create a persisted session immediately?
Why are you calling bind?

The problem that in the getLastModified() call there is no complete
RequestCycle.
because those must be very fast.

I can test if RequestCycle.get() returns something in that method.
But then bind() call really doesn't do anything..

johan