the window.location=downloadurl would indicate a previously existing file.

but I don't have the file.

I can call calculate() (returns a map) and/or calculatePdf() (returns a
base64 encoded pdf).

It would be nice not to write the file on the server.

Also, wouldn't window.location change the current view from a web page to a
pdf? That is not desired.

f(t)