Sebastiaan, Matej, I think you get me wrong.
I do not suggest to minify the js files in runtime. What I suggest, is to
have both, for instance: wicket-ajax.js & wicket-ajax.pack.js, in the
distributed jar. And include the wicket related js this way:

    if (Application.DEVELOPMENT
        .equalsIgnoreCase(Application.get().getConfigurationType())) {
      add(HeaderContributor.forJavaScript(new ResourceReference(
          AbstractDefaultAjaxBehavior.class, "wicket-ajax.pack.js")));
    } else {
      add(HeaderContributor.forJavaScript(new ResourceReference(
          AbstractDefaultAjaxBehavior.class, "wicket-ajax.js")));
    }

Alex.