Hi Doug,
We definitely don't want to require users to strip wicket tags, if
that still needs to be done. I think we did that just to get it
working. I thought setRenderBodyOnly was enough, but if we still have
issues we should add in a MarkupFilter or use a Transformer. If menu2
only works with stripping wicket tags, then we should fix it. I need
to get back in the game so we can dump menu and elevate menu2 to its
place as the one and only menu (I've been in a c++ house of pain for
the past couple of months)

best,
jim