zandile wrote:

> I have been trying all sorts of work arounds to include an applet into
> wicket:
> I keep getting an classnotfoundexception in the java console for the
> applet. I am running wicket 1.2.6 and I am not sure what exactly is wrong
> with this, My applet runs fine when I run it in eclipse using the applet
> viewer but when I stick it into a page then I get the
> classnotfoundexception ???

We embed several applets in a Wicket page that inherits from WebPage. It
works fine for 1.2.6 and 1.3.
We use the following pattern (probably outdated, but it works). This is part
of the HTML of the page:

<OBJECT
                ID = ...
                classid = ...
                codebase = "/Nonexists#Version=1,4,0,1"
                WIDTH = ... HEIGHT = ... >

        <PARAM NAME = CODE VALUE = com.test.MyApplet />
        <PARAM NAME = ARCHIVE VALUE = "/mydependent.jar" />
        ...other params...
        <COMMENT>
                <EMBED
                        ID = ...
                        NAME = ...
                        type = "application/x-java-applet;version=1.5"
                        CODE = com.test.MyApplet
                        ARCHIVE = "/mydependent.jar"
                        WIDTH = ...
                        HEIGHT = ...
                        scriptable = true
                        MAYSCRIPT= true
                        pluginspage = "http://java.sun.com";
                        action = "new" />
                <NOEMBED />
        </COMMENT>
</OBJECT>

Make sure that mydependent.jar files are in the root of your WAR, that is
next to and not inside the WEB-INF folder, and NOT inside a lib directory.

Julian