I am pretty sure my configuration is correct as per the documentation
however I am having the following problem:

My configuration is as follows: Apache 2.2 (mod_proxy_jk) -- Tomcat
5.5(JBoss embedded)

My Wicket application filter is mapped to /* and my WAR file is deployed
within a context of /web therefore URL's look like
http://pabst:8080/web/mypage <http://myhost:8080/web/mypage> or
http://pabst:8080/web/?x=TFx*mXM8oGdr1hAFT5*lkA<http://myhost:8080/web/?x=TFx*mXM8oGdr1hAFT5*lkA>etc..
using the CryptedUrlWebRequestCodingStrategy.

Here is my Apache virtual host configuration for mod_proxy running  on
"tiger" proxing to "pabst" :

<VirtualHost *:80>
        ServerName tiger

        DocumentRoot /opt/www/

        ProxyRequests Off
        <Proxy *>
                Order deny,allow
                Allow from all
        </Proxy>

        RewriteEngine on

        #HACK to fix home page context issue
        RewriteRule ^/web(.*) $1 [R=302,NC]

        ProxyPass / ajp://10.0.0.1:8009/web/
        ProxyPassReverse / ajp://10.0.0.1:8009/web/
        ProxyPassReverseCookiePath  /web /
        ProxyPreserveHost On

        RewriteLog "/var/log/httpd/rewrite.log"
        RewriteLogLevel 2

</VirtualHost>

This works just fine, however without the rewrite rule mentioned above the
site redirects to /web/[page] under some circumstances.  As far as I can
tell it happens when you click on a link that requires authorization,
RestartResponseAtInterceptPageException is thrown and it attempts redirect
to the InterceptPage but the ProxyPassReverse rule isn't applied.  It also
seems to happen when ever Application.getHomePage() is called, but I can't
confirm that.  One last thing and I'm not sure if it matters but
getHomePage() is returning a page that is an "Authenticated" web page, I do
this because this way the URL doesn't change from the logged in home page
versus the unauthenticated home page.

For the people who aren't having problems with this, are you using Tomcat?

Any help is appreciated.