On Sat, Dec 15, 2007 at 08:44:32PM -0800, Cristina wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm working on an app where users and admins will perform mutually exclusive
> use cases. That's quite a common situation. It looks like the simpler
> approach here would be to return one home page with the user menu and
> another one with the admin menu. The choice would be placed in the Login
> page and executed according to the profile of the username that's trying to
> access the app.

A technique I've used is to have a dummy home page that just redirects
to one page or the other:

public class HomePage extends WebPage {
  public HomePage() {
    if (isUser()) {
      setResponsePage(UserHomePage.class);
    } else {
      setResponsePage(AdminHomePage.class);

You don't even need a HomePage.html file.

jk