Wow. Page.readResolve is not called, at least not on JDK6. When I
modify the access modifier to public instead of private, suddenly it's
called. But the serialization specification says it can have any
access modifier.

I've commited the fix to current trunk, any chance you can build
wicket from svn and test it with your project?

Done! It solved the problem! Thank you so much, this made my day! (Which was over many hours ago, time to get some sleep :))

I was too fast.. Now I got the error again, just had to try more times.. :(