The InspectorPage works great in the examples, so I tried putting it in my app to see what is in my sessions. Everything works except 'RequestsPage' and I can't figure out why. Actually, I don't understand why it works in the examples...

The error I get when I hit this page is:
{{{
WicketMessage: The component(s) below failed to render. A common problem is that you have added a component in code but forgot to reference it in the markup (thus the component will never be rendered).

1. [Component id = sessionInfo, page = org.apache.wicket.examples.debug.RequestsPage, path = 5:sessionInfo.Label, isVisible = true, isVersioned = false] 2. [Component id = startDate, page = org.apache.wicket.examples.debug.RequestsPage, path = 5:startDate.Label, isVisible = true, isVersioned = false] 3. [Component id = lastRequestTime, page = org.apache.wicket.examples.debug.RequestsPage, path = 5:lastRequestTime.Label, isVisible = true, isVersioned = false]
}}}

Indeed, the RequestsPage.html does not contain "sessionInfo", "startDate", "lstRequestTime", etc. It only has:

What am i missing and why does this work within wicket-examples?

Do people tend to use the InspectorPage in real projects, or is that
just for debugging?  If so, do you just copy it into your own project?
Should it be in wicket-extensions rather then wicket-examples?

Another related question: is the InspectorPage the best way to audit what is getting serialized? With normal use, I see something like:

 Session Size: 769 bytes
 Session Size (Including PageMaps): 140.1K
 PageMap "null" (Size = 139.8K) accesses (most recent first):

With that, can i assume that 500 simultaneous users would have
(500x140K=)~70MB memory usage?

thanks
ryan