For the record: I can't smell or magically see what you do in your
call to super().

I tried it in an application here, and I haven't reproduced your
problem. It works here.

As long as you don't share the whole code, I have to assume that what
I can validate on my side is your problem. setResponsePage(new
LoginPage()) gives me the session expired page.
setResponsePage(LoginPage.class) doesn't. I also ensured that the
session is actually invalidated, and that I did have a session prior
to invalidating.

Martijn

Apache Wicket 1.3.0 is released
Get it now: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/1.3.0