is the YUI menu from the wicketstuff project? if so, what YUI version does
it use?

i suspect this only happens if the YUI menu js files (yahoo, dom, event,
menu, ...) are
loaded before the datepickers yuiloader-beta-min.js.
yuiloader checks if YAHOO.lang is already available (which it would be if
the YUI menu
is loaded first) and reuses it instead of creating a new YAHOO object.

if there is no such method YAHOO.lang.merge prior to 2.4.1 (which is used by
wicket-datetime),
then the issue you are experiencing is almost definitely caused by a version
conflict.

  Gerolf