@Override
        protected final void onComponentTag(final ComponentTag tag) {
            tag.setName("input");
            tag.put("type", "text");

            super.onComponentTag(tag);
        }

Seems to do what I want but is this a valid extension point? In
PasswordTextBox and ListChoice it is marked final...? I don't want to stitch
my client up with something that is going to break with the next version of
Wicket.  So although means extra dom elements on the browser and more
component instances on the server am I better off wrapping the raw
components?

Cheers

Sam