> personally i would map the form to a bean, and then in onsubmit()
> > transfer those properties to an instance of your domain object.
> >

> Igor, could you please tell in short how is this better than just get data
> form the models of each component in onsubmit()?
> I'm doing same thing within my app and was wondering if I should create a
> bean just for form data extraction purposes.

The good thing about using beans is that you can eliminate plumbing
code. Instead of a massive copy action e.g. in your onSubmit, you can
use a bean that is already populated with the values. I often use my
domain objects directly - and I already have those objects anyway - so
I save quite a bit of dumb copying code. Not everyone agrees with
using domain objects directly though; ymmv.

Eelco