Hello: here is a strange result

class C extends webpage{
  String key = "default";
  add(new Form("f", new CompoundPropertyModel(this))
  form.add(new Textfield("tf")

}
When I enter a something like "Test" and hit submit
I'd expect the textfield would return with "Test" since
it has been saved to mode object (key) and the textfield
should display the new value. But instead it always 'default'
when it returns even though I check the model value was set
to "Test", the html markup <input value="Test"> was not changed
even though the model value has been set. Should it be this way?
the value attribute of input element is not backed by model value?
Thanks