suppose you have a single text keyword box:

class searchpage extends webpage {
  private String keywords;

  public searchpage() {
    Form form=new Form("form");
    form.add(new TextBox("keywords", new PropertyModel(this, "keywords")));

    add(new DataView("results", new MyDataProvider()) {
       protected void populateitem(item) {
           ..
       }
    });
  }

  private class MyDataProvider implements IDataProvider {
      public Iterator iterator(int first, int count) {
          return query(first, count, keywords);
      }
      public int size() {
          return size(keywords);