sorry for late reply. johan

i never use the threadpool even the thread as well... To start form the
thread.. i tried for the simple thread program as below

package thread;

import java.awt.event.MouseAdapter;
import java.awt.event.MouseEvent;

import java.util.Date;

import javax.swing.JButton;
import javax.swing.JFrame;
import javax.swing.JLabel;
import javax.swing.JPanel;

public class GuiThreadRunnable extends JFrame {
     private JLabel lblTime = new JLabel();
     private JButton btnStart = new JButton("Start");
     private JButton btnStop = new JButton("Stop");
     private Thread clock = null;

     public GuiThreadRunnable() {
          initGui();
     }

     public void initGui() {
          setTitle("Runnable");
          setDefaultCloseOperation(EXIT_ON_CLOSE);
          setBounds(200, 200, 400, 400);

          getContentPane().add(lblTime, "North");
          JPanel p = new JPanel();

          btnStart.addMouseListener(new MouseAdapter() {
                         public void mouseClicked(MouseEvent e) {
                              if (clock == null) {
                                   clock = new Thread (new Clock());
                                   clock.start();
                                   System.out.println(" clock.start()" );
                    });

          btnStop.addMouseListener(new MouseAdapter() {
                         public void mouseClicked(MouseEvent e) {
                              if (clock != null && clock.isAlive()) {
                                   clock.interrupt();
                                   clock = null;
                                   System.out.println(" clock end" );
                    });
          p.add(btnStart);
          p.add(btnStop);
          getContentPane().add(p, "Center");
          setVisible(true);

          GuiThreadRunnable guiThread = new GuiThreadRunnable();
     }

     class Clock implements Runnable{
          public Clock() {
               super();
          }

          public void run() {
               try {
                    while (true) {
                         lblTime.setText("" + new Date());
                         System.out.println(" run()" );
                        Thread.sleep(1000);
                    }
               } catch (Exception e) {

Fine, it worked.

Btw, can give me more guide how to implement for your solution given ?

thanks in advance
- kenix