> a proper solution would be to use a validator or a formvalidator to do
>  this. generally you never iterate over components to do validation in
>  wicket. we have good plugin points for you in the form workflow.

Judging from the performance of the checkbox, I have a wrong plugin
point for the validator. How would you put it?

> you didnt show the part of code that generates the list...
>  > it is just a  dummy list of new todo items.
> they are unique but you are using a listview? so what you have is not
>  a list at all, it is a collection of random items.
> perhaps listview is not what you want. if you keep regenerating items every
> request

They are not random. Here is the code generating the items:
List<Todo> linkedTodos = new LinkedList<Todo>();
{
  Todo todo = new Todo();
  todo.setDescription("Dummy");
  todo.setSelected(true);
  todo.setTodoDate(Convert.toDate("1.1.2008");
  linkedTodos.add(todo);
}
// ... and I have repeated a number of these ... say 7 pcs
return linkedTodos;

The page uses a linkedTodos "singleton" in the sence that the list is
generated only the first time the page is loaded. So they are not
random.

>  >  Is there a bug with the checkbox?
> doubt it

Well.. the validator fails to receive the submitted checkbox state.
Did I attach the validator improperly? Or should I read the checkbox
value in some other way? The checkbox state submitted from the browser
is not received by the validator using the code I posted before. The
textfields function properly, but the checkboxes seem to somehow be
disconnected... they sometimes change state according to the selection
in the browser window, sometimes not. Mostly not ;) Odd times? Very
strange.

**
Martin