Hi all,

We're running into a problem that we've seen happen many times though unfortunately we can't consistently reproduce it. We're using Wicket 1.3.1 with automatic multi-window support enabled and the default SecondLevelCacheSessionStore.

During normal use of our site, no Pages reference other Pages and the session size changes as it should. However, occasionally when we open pages in a new tab (often when multiple pages are opened in a new tab in rapid succession), we get the following situation:

1 tab

pagemap-null size = x

2 tabs

pagemap-null size = 2x
pagemap-0 size = x

3 tabs

pagemap-null size = 4x
pagemap-0 size = 2x
pagemap-1 size = x

4 tabs

pagemap-null size = 8x
pagemap-0 size = 4x
pagemap-1 size = 2x
pagemap-2 size = x

The only explanation that I could come up with for this explosion is that somehow, behind the scenes, a Page is holding onto a reference to another Page in this situation. Because 8x is beyond our max pagemap size, it means that there can only be 1-2 Pages in it taking up this space.

Has anyone come across a problem like this? Any thoughts on what this could be?

Thanks,
Meetesh