> On Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 3:10 PM, Chris Colman
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I have a similar problem but it's to do with creating new markup
> >  variations - each new one I add requires a server restart for it to
be
> >  detected. Apparently customers don't like that for some strange
reason
> >  =)
>
> we cache the fact that variation does not exist, otherwise we would
> have to perform the expensive search every time. your problem can be
> solved by clearing the markup cache after you deploy new variations -
> that should work even in production mode servers.
>
> -igor

Arh, now I understand the mechanism. The cache doesn't only cache
existing markup variations it also caches tokens that say, "this markup
variation does not exist". So it's caching non existent entities ...
which sounds very strange at first but I can understand why that makes
sense for performance reasons.

How would one go about clearing this cache? Is it possible to just clear
a specific page's cache of a non existent variant or it a "clear entire"
cache a better approach. Clearing the entire cache seems easier and is a
100% improvement over rebouncing the entire web app.