Hi,

I haven't really thought this through but I was thinking that if the id of a component was not a member of a Component but set by the parent of the component then child components could be passed to the constructor of the parent.

Instead of

Component a = new Component("aid");
parent.add(a);

Having this:

Component a = new Component();
parent.put("aid", a);

It seems to me that a parent component behaves more like a map of child components than a list anyway. Are there reasons why it does not work this way? Sorry for what might be a very naive question.

Thanks,

John.