Yes, I suppose I can debug it after a while of downloading sources and
debugging stuff.

BigDecimalConverter bdc = new BigDecimalConverter();
System.out.println(bdc.convertToObject("3 000", Locale.FRENCH));
=>3

DoubleConverter dc = new DoubleConverter();
System.out.println(dc.convertToObject("3 000", Locale.FRENCH));
=>3000.0

Strange results indeed.

I've checked
Not sure if its related.

I am using wicket 1.3.1

I think I found the problem.

BigDecimalConverter#convertToObject is calling getNumberFormat(locale), but
it should be calling AbstractNumberConverter#parse like DoubleConverter
does.

It looks like code to handle the different "thousand" separators has been
added there.

** I cannot raise a Jira as the CAPCHA is timing out and not rendering me an
image so I cannot create an account **