My point is, if the code path exists, doing some elaborate session hijacking
sniffer something something predict blah... can be a pain in the arse and
not really a valuable investment.

A better thing would be to ask the devs if it is plausible (regardless of
how hard it might be in the real world).

If the answer to plausibility is yes, then there needs to be a solution.
Not a "yeah its plausible try to hack it" approach.

If the OP cannot hack the system, but an attacker uses the exact methods
he's described here, then that would be pretty embarrassing for all parties.