No it works also good, exactly the same if you where using the swing
combobox. The problem that you have is that when you have an id
(integer) in your object model that needs to be set but thagt id is
the id of a Person then i think your object model is just plain wrong.
Its not an object model at all its just direct sql/resultset mapping
instead of a real pojo model.