I would like to include a couple of utility JSP s along with my otherwise
Wicket-ized application.  However, I don't know how to instruct the Wicket
Filter to only handle HTML pages? I want the container (WebLogic) to handle
the JSPs.  My first attempt was:

    <filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>wicket_filter</filter-name>
        <url-pattern>/*.html</url-pattern>
    </filter-mapping>

I struck out with the stack trace:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:  for WicketFilter "wicket_eval_filter"
must start with '/' and end with '*'.
        at
org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.getFilterPath(WicketFilter.java:693)
        at
org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.init(WicketFilter.java:472)
etc

I checked the logic of WicketFilter and was incredulous to see

if (!urlPattern.startsWith("/") || !urlPattern.endsWith("*")) {
  // throw the exception
}

Why?  Is that a requirement of the servlet spec? I think not.  Why have a
mapping element if it is forced to be of the form /*?

More importantly, how can I make sure that my JSP doesn't get funnelled to
the WicketFilter?

Sri