> > ok, I'll go ahead with storing the object in the session directly (as
> > meta-data) and use models in the pages to access this object.
> May I ask what your use case is?

it's very simple; when carrying out an action on page A, I want to
display a modal window ("are you sure?" with ok/cancel).  The modal
window creates a separate page, B, with the label and the buttons.

The information (a boolean) about what option was chosen determines what
to do on page A when the modal window is closed.

cheers, Frank