Nice list. :-)

Unfortunately I'm not very good at any of them, the only one I know a bit about is the serialization one, and even that is just what I learned from the presentation last time...

Generally I'm also good at messing up things, but haven't had enough wicket experience to present much on that. I can show why I need multiple extend/child (because overridable methods called from a base-class constructor returning fragments get called before the subclass constructor, causing a real mess of workarounds), or how not to use LDM's with hibernate in lists (my pages are quickly becoming a mess trying to avoid the 1 query per object deserialization issue), but I can't tell you how to do it right (maybe someone else can. :-))

The one about authors sounds like a good one for you. :-) I sense some frustration there! ;-)

If I (or someone else) comes up with something that I *can* present, I'll see what I can do.

I'd like to see a "Wicket Patterns" presentation myself: things that you need to do a lot and the standard solution to do them (i.e., similar to the multiple child, but then only those cases where there is a good solution available). Or a "Wicket Antipatterns" would be cool as well, i.e., how NOT to do things in Wicket and then show the right way to do them (standard example is not using a model which causes constructor time binding and people wondering why their page isn't updated).

Regards,
Sebastiaan

Martijn Dashorst wrote:
Subjects I can come up with are:
 - sexy components (a genuine date picker, such as meetmoi)
 - openid integration
 - building applications with wicket web beans
 - flex/silverlight/air: threat or opportunity
 - social networking integration (open social, facebook)
 - integrations with other frameworks (extjs?)
 - how serialization works, why it matters
 - behind the scenes of Apache Wicket (how do I become a committer)
 - groovy/grails integration
 - terracotta, but now with a real wicket demo
 - scala + wicket
 - why authors don't get rich from book writing
 - web framework shoot out: jsf vs tapestry vs wicket vs spring mvc
 - top 10 ways to mess up your Wicket application
 - top 10 ways to speed up your Wicket application
 - scaling out (show how to run your wicket application in a cluster)

Martijn