You should specify separate css classes for the odd and the even labels:

public class CSSClass extends AttributeModifier {
  public CSSClass(final String clazz) {
    super("class", true, new AbstractReadOnlyModel() {
      /**  */

      @Override
      public Object getObject() {
        return clazz;
      }
    });

public class MyPage extends WebPage {
  public MyPage() {
    add(new Label().add(new CSSClass("even_line")));
    add(new Label().add(new CSSClass("even_odd")));