It might be a nice improvement to Wicket's Spring support to allow for
missing bean definitions to be handled gracefully. This would allow for
the use of a sane default in the absence of explicit declaration in the
context XML. Right now using the Spring annotations support I get the
following error when I don't define the object in the XML:

org.springframework.beans.factory.NoSuchBeanDefinitionException: No bean
named 'beanName' is defined
     at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.get
BeanDefinition(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:355)
     at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getMergedB
eanDefinition(AbstractBeanFactory.java:800)
     at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.isSingleto
n(AbstractBeanFactory.java:343)
     at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.isSinglet
on(AbstractApplicationContext.java:654)
     at
org.apache.wicket.spring.SpringBeanLocator.isSingletonBean(SpringBeanLoc
ator.java:133)
     at
org.apache.wicket.spring.injection.annot.AnnotProxyFieldValueFactory.get
FieldValue(AnnotProxyFieldValueFactory.java:91)
     at org.apache.wicket.injection.Injector.inject(Injector.java:108)
     at
org.apache.wicket.injection.ConfigurableInjector.inject(ConfigurableInje
ctor.java:39)
     at
org.apache.wicket.injection.ComponentInjector.onInstantiation(ComponentI
njector.java:52)
     at
org.apache.wicket.Application.notifyComponentInstantiationListeners(Appl
ication.java:973)
     at org.apache.wicket.Component.<init>(Component.java:866)

... truncated for brevity

Using getSpringContext().contains(String) either within or as an exposed
method of SpringBeanLocator would probably be sufficient to avoid
hitting this exception.

Thanks,
Larry

The information contained in this message is proprietary and/or confidential.
If you are not the
intended recipient, please: (i) delete the message and all copies; (ii) do not
disclose,
distribute or use the message in any manner; and (iii) notify the sender
immediately. In addition,
please be aware that any message addressed to our domain is subject to
archiving and review by
persons other than the intended recipient. Thank you.