Thanks for the suggestions...

> are you using a class reloading mechanism of any sort? this error
> would make sense if wicket saved a page to store, you changed the
> class def and wicket tried to deserialize an instance of that changed
> class....

No, none.

I took out all the widgets from the form, and the error still occurs, so
I guess it's not the autocomplete after all. But it still makes no sense
to me.

Well, I don't know what to say. This is all I'm doing, which I've done
many times before.

public class MyPanel
    extends Panel
{

    public TermOverviewPanel(
            final String id,
            final IModel model,
            final PageParameters pageParameters )
    {
        super( id, model );
        add( new SearchForm( "form", model ) );
    }

    public class SearchForm
        extends Form
    {

        public SearchForm(
                final String id,
                final IModel model )
        {
            super( id );

If I remove the form from this panel, all is well (even if I add
different widgets). This leads me to believe that the page is ok.

If I add a form to the parent page, I don't get this error. I guess that
would mean that the problem must be in the panel, but there seems to be
nothing in this simple panel that should cause this type of error.

I don't get it...