I have a non-Wicket AJAX request call a Wicket page to process some data
(it's that jQuery file uploader I was working on). Now, the PHP example
that came with that jQuery based file uploader writes out some status
information to the AJAX JS script via HTTP Response like this (I'm no
PHP coder):

{ echo "{";
Echo "error: ': . $error . "',\n";
Echo "msg: '" . $msg . "'\n";
Echo "}"

That's the message that the JS will use to show the status. Now, since
I'm in Wicket, not in PHP I will need to bounce back something similar.
I was hoping that I could just call:

getRequest().write(....);

However, it's not showing up. What is the recommended way of writing
directly to the response object (for this, or RSS feeds, etc..). Do I
have to create a fake txt/xml page that I'm bouncing back, or can I just
write plain text back via the HTTP Response object?

Any help would be appreciated.

Best,

Michael