Ok, I see what your problem really is.  Here is your solution:

    final IBehavior currentPageLinkClassifier = new AbstractBehavior() {
        @Override public void onComponentTag(Component c, ComponentTag tag)
{
            if (((Link) c).isEnabled() == false) {
                CharSequence current = tag.getString("class");
                tag.put("class", "current_page_link "
                        + (current == null ? "" : current));
    };

      navigator = new PagingNavigator("navigator", photoListView) {
            @Override protected PagingNavigation newNavigation(final
IPageable pageable,
                    final IPagingLabelProvider labelProvider) {
                return new AjaxPagingNavigation("navigation", pageable,
labelProvider) {
                    @Override protected Link newPagingNavigationLink(String
id, IPageable pageable, int pageIndex) {
                        Link link = super.newPagingNavigationLink(id,
pageable, pageIndex);
                        link.add(currentPageLinkClassifier);
                        return link;
                    }